CuteFields MySQL

Download plugins, language packs and stuff.

Postby Ramon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:20 am

I don't mean to rush you in any way, but are you still working on this plugin Dr.Twister? I think the "Yet" features are very promising and it would be a shame to leave this project unfinished :(
Ramon

Postby scottdallas » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:25 pm

I noticed when I used a drop-down everything 'looked' like it was working correctly.. but I made a drop-down cutefield called 'url' then noticed it wasn't working.. didn't seem to store the value.. so I made a test template with this code:

Code: Select all
{cf:url}

The output?

Code: Select all
{cf:url}

It would appear it isn't storing properly in drop-down? Not a huge deal.. just wondered if anyone else had this dilemma?
Everyday I'm tumblin http://scodal.tumblr.com
scottdallas

Postby Dr.Twister » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:06 pm

So might be an easy fix, might not. I'll look into it a bit more.

But I did run some tests and what's happening is when you create a field called URL it's attempting to store the value of Title in URL (optional). So on the first save it's blank, but if you go back and edit it, and then look at your database record, you'll see the value of the Title URL string.

One way around this is to create a different name for the CuteField drop down box. Like "my_url" {cf:my_url}. That should work as intended.

I guess... in theory all of the 'reserved' fields would function the same way. If you created a CuteField called 'title' or 'author' or 'short_story' etc, they'd probably all have similar problems.

Might need to perform some type of check against those names. I figured if you already have title, author, etc in cute news, you wouldn't want to create a second field with the same name.

As for the project in general... I just need more time :)
Dr.Twister

Postby scottdallas » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:24 pm

One way around this is to create a different name for the CuteField drop down box. Like "my_url" {cf:my_url}. That should work as intended.

Oh... duh I should have realized that. Thanks man.

As for the project in general... I just need more time

Okay! :) I'm excited about that.
scottdallas

Postby hetes » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Ehh, this is a great plugin! :)

How can i convert my Xfields's data to Cutefields? (Txt to Mysql)

Would it be faster, if i store my plus fields in mysql? At now, i have 12 xfields(in txt), and the page generation time is ~20 sec. :oops:
hetes

Postby scottdallas » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:12 am

I, unfortunately, cut and paste all my xfields to cutefields.. but not everywhere.. in some instances I still find xfields are a great solution
scottdallas

Postby VladDrakul » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:47 pm

I'm getting this error when trying to save a news with a cutefield named image1

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/ancient/public_html/zine/plugins/cutefields2.1.php on line 312
VladDrakul

Postby VladDrakul » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I desinstalled cutefileds and activated again xfields and now they do not work either!!

Fuck!!
VladDrakul

Postby VladDrakul » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:13 pm

sorry xfields working again!!

But anyone was any idea about the error CUTEFIELD message?
VladDrakul

Postby yesitsfree » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:03 am

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/............../plugins/cutefields2.1.php on line 312

I get the same message aswell, does anybody have any ideas??
yesitsfree

Postby yesitsfree » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:20 pm

Does anybody know what this could be??

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/............../plugins/cutefields2.1.php on line 312
yesitsfree

Postby yesitsfree » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 pm

I have now been in touch with my hosting company. I recently upgaded my hosting package and the error stems from there. I had to move all my site to a new server and thought the problem may be something I had done, but I last night put in a brand new cnr install in a sub-domain and got the same problem. So something in the new package is differant.

VladDrakul did you get yours sorted?????

UPDATE 07/03/08 Cutefields is now working my hosting company have fixed it still waiting to find out what it was and what they did. Will add update if and when they tell me.

yesitsfree

Postby VladDrakul » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:21 pm

yesitsfree, no unfortunately I haven't solved the error.
I'm not a php/mysql expert.

I had hopes that any of the experts on this forum would solve this matter or even the original poster would try to solve this but no answers until now!

Please as soon as you know what they did please post it here!
VladDrakul

Postby scottdallas » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Mine said that error so I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 yesterday and the error still shows up but it stores and displays correctly on my site so I don't care about the error :( Where'd twister go? This is his little brain child.
scottdallas

Postby Partyism » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:51 am

When i make an cutefield with text i whant it to have a maximum of 30 characters or 60.
But by default he makes varchar 255. When i change this in phpmyadmin it doesnt change.

Is there a other way around?!
Partyism

PreviousNext

Return to Additional Downloads