Where is the damn english?

Post your problems with the script.

Where is the damn english?

Postby zer0 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:49 pm

I just installed fresh copy of Strawberry with English interface and what i saw? All in Russian! I try to change language in administration panel, but that didn't work! This is a serious bug man! A serious bug! The shame on you man, who creates this hybrid! :evil:

P.s. And whats that damn puppy in cool cutenews logo place? It's kinda pokemonization or what? :?

Yuck!
zer0

Postby scottdallas » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:09 am

I'm pretty offended by your comment. You didn't take much time to get familiarized with cutenews.ru or strawberry much before writing that did you?

But, I'll answer your concerns anyway, Strawberry is brand new and is an amazing CMS and if you disagree you're wrong. If you don't like the puppy don't use it and use cutephp's cutenews. It doesn't matter to anyone here whether or not you like the puppy. You can change images if it REALLY bothers you that badly. The main focus is probably on features, not the puppy. I happen to have the same problem with the english/russian thing in the installation so you're not alone with your frustration. It seems it's a 50/50 some users have the problem and some don't. Being that it's brand new, it's going to have some flaws.. however, I think everyone would appreciate it if you shared your constructive criticism differently.. especially on your first post here. The man behind this project is brilliant and works on this in his spare time for nothing. Think about that.

Have you tried CuteNews.ru 2.5.4 yet? I still use that and it has everything I need and more and has no problems with the english installation. I'd suggest getting used to that first anyway.

Sorry for gettin edgy there.. I love the cutenews/strawberry project.. It has so much great potential I can't help defending it.
Everyday I'm tumblin http://scodal.tumblr.com
scottdallas

Postby FI-DD » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:45 pm

scottdallas wrote:It doesn't matter to anyone here whether or not you like the puppy. You can change images if it REALLY bothers you that badly. The main focus is probably on features, not the puppy.

This made my day. Very funny. :lol:
FI-DD
Admin

Postby Saszoo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:54 pm

No wonder you call your self zerO...

zero brain, zero understanding...

what happened to constructive critisism or humble questions?

If it bothers you so, why not try to improve it your self?

You don't get paid to do so? well neither to the outstanding people who made the script either...
Saszoo

I Love The Lil Puppy

Postby Dice » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:55 am

I love the lil dog...

it just makes me laugh and smile when i go in to add news etc.

I Love the whole program it really helps to keep websites organized

Check Out http://www.giantjoint.com

-Dice
Dice

Wonder just for"Zero"!

Postby afxback » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:58 pm

"Zero"!

what caused you so critisize so impolitely?

anyway.

Thanks and lots of thanks to all developers of cutenews.ru specially lexa and FI-DD for trying create so nice cms with nice plugins, to anser questions and to help people.

I used many wellknown CMS and blogger scripts like phpnuke,mambo,wordpress and recently e107 but you dont know how I like this simple cutenews.ru! If you ask me which one is better?I would say"cutenews-ru is the best!"

All of hose scripts(phpnuke,mambo...) have some security holes,bugs...so cutenews will have some bugs...

I suggest devellopers translate the strawberry completely into english and remove the bugs. I myself installed it and found nothing in rusian exept readme and helps.

one problem I found, is strawberry dose not accept the xfields of cutenews.ru and gets error. I dont know why?

I am awaiting for next version of strawberry for my new website.

CuteNews.ru and StrawBerry are my choices!

I like them.

afxback
afxback

Re: Where is the damn english?

Postby kaiyara » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 am

I have the idea the russian strawberry community has quite some members and I think there are people who're able to translate it. If we encounter off translations we can always correct it and update the developers.
kaiyara

Return to Strawberry Support