Designawards4us.com

Present and discuss your site using CuteNews.RU or Strawberry.

Designawards4us.com

Postby Designer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:00 am

http://www.Designawards4us.com - This website is a good source of design contests, You will find here contests about: industrial design, graphic design, product design, etc.... and it is always updating for new design contests. Actually, we list ONLY contests opened for entries. There are hundreds design contests opened for entry right now, and most of them are free to enter, without restrictions, and the prizes are good! Visit this website for participating in new contests.

Have i mentioned - it is powered bu cutenews.ru of course.

Hope you enjoy it!
Designer

Postby scottdallas » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:56 pm

Looks real good :) Powered by cutenews.ru huh? That must be why it runs so great :P Nice work.. I'm glad to see you figured out how to get the script to do everything you needed.
Everyday I'm tumblin http://scodal.tumblr.com
scottdallas

Postby Designer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:06 pm

Thank You Scottdallas,
I am glad You like it, I have noticed that you have done some good sites too.
I have used cutenews for few projects, but recently... found cutenews.ru
It is much easier for work. Nice improvement.
Designer

Postby Ramon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:46 am

Gotta agree with Scott, your design is looks real good. Although I don't like that you still code in tables :(
Ramon

Postby Designer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:12 pm

Good point, anyway - the site is still under development, tables are not the best solution, and they will be replaced with css... also "few" other details need to be corrected according to W3c standards.
Designer

Postby scottdallas » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:09 pm

lol what's wrong with tables?
scottdallas

Postby Designer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 am

Nothing wrong with tables, they just need some css markup to be faster and easier to handle. Absolutely avoiding tables is kind of fashion these days, nothing more. Maybe the best approach is still using tables, with css style.
Designer

Postby scottdallas » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:05 pm

Maybe the best approach is still using tables, with css style.

That's what I like :) I'm not a huge css guru though.. I only know what's necessary to make things look just as fancy as I need/want. I know less tables = less server load but oh well
scottdallas

Postby Ramon » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Designer wrote:Nothing wrong with tables, they just need some css markup to be faster and easier to handle. Absolutely avoiding tables is kind of fashion these days, nothing more. Maybe the best approach is still using tables, with css style.

You should avoid tables because it's not proper use of HTML. Use them the way they are meant to be used -> if you need to show some sort of table(like a calender)

I think it has nothing to do with fasion, just with people willing to live up to web standards :)
Ramon

Postby Designer » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:53 am

Tables are valid html code, and there is no "real-life" or practical benefits when you start to replace each-and-every-single <table> tag with <DIV> tags and attempt to use full CSS to display your webpages properly across popular browsers.

It's one thing to use the regular CSS style to replace the same fonts that will be used all over the place. But it's another when you take little bits and pieces of code out of the page and bury it some huge .css file and then try to figure out and try to remember where they all came from and what each piece of code did 2 months from now.

Do you honestly believe it, CSS can now start doing tables when even plain CSS can't get the fonts consistent across all browsers?

That is why i mentioned that absolutely avoiding tables is only fashion these days, and that the best approach is still using tables, with css style.

Finally, the most important is result - that your site looks good and work fast in all major browsers.
Designer

Postby scottdallas » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:36 am

Finally, the most important is result - that your site looks good and work fast in all major browsers.

I agree again :P :)
scottdallas

Return to Site showcase