My new site powered with cutenews.ru

Present and discuss your site using CuteNews.RU or Strawberry.

My new site powered with cutenews.ru

Postby Goberg » Wed May 21, 2008 5:07 am

Hi. I have just made a new layout/design for a norwegian PlayStation site Im running.

The url is http://playstation.sistestopp.com/

I'm sorry that the language on the site is Norwegian, but you want to see how i integrated cutenews.ru right?
We are not using comments in the news, insted we have kind of intergrated PHPBB3 with cutenews.ru with the help of xfields. If you click on the "Diskuter i forumet" link at the bottom of the news you will get to the forumtopic.

You will find different newssetups on the pages in the menu to the left.
Nyhetsarkiv = Newsarchive
Guider = Guides
Anmeldelser = Reviews
Skjermbilder = Screenshots

So, what do you think. Anything I can do different or better? Suggestions?
Goberg

Postby webbber » Wed May 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi
I like it. How did you integrate cutenews with phpbb?
I using phpbb 2.0.23 (not phpbb3 yet)

best regards.
webbber

Postby Torstein » Wed May 21, 2008 5:18 pm

They make a new forum thread for each news entry, and then post the link to it to an X-field which makes the link.

I think it's funny how us Norwegians have embraced CNR, I think we're really overrepresented within the CNR user base. :P
Torstein

Postby scottdallas » Thu May 22, 2008 3:03 am

They make a new forum thread for each news entry, and then post the link to it to an X-field which makes the link.

Yes, that's exactly how I send traffic to my forum occasionally. People don't know from the screenshot that it is going to take them to the forum instead of just a {full-story} and well they aren't going to really notice the difference. As long as the content is relevant to what they wanted to see what's the harm in that? In other words, I'm glad to see you figured that out.. well done :)

It's not automatic, but it's close enough. I like being able to write a custom {short-story} or 'teaser' article in cnr. PHPBB and CNR are my 2 favorite free web programs ever. Well Simple Machines Forum is working out really well for me too.
Everyday I'm tumblin http://scodal.tumblr.com
scottdallas

Return to Site showcase